Click on the thumbnails below, for interactive web maps of US power plants and Minority-serving Academic Institutions. These are some of the earliest locations at which we are targeting for deployment of much-needed edge cloud computation resources. This cloud computing comes at a much lower-than-usual monthly cost than the typical cloud providers over, and benefits the under-represented communities that are served by these institutions.
By “minority-serving academic institutions”, we are referring to:
- Historically Black Colleges & Universities (HBCU) and Predominantly Black Institutions
- Tribal Colleges & Universities (TCU) and Native American-serving non-tribal institutions
- Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSI)
- Minority Serving Institutions (MSI)
- Alaska Native-serving institution and Native Hawaiian-serving institution
- Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-serving institutions (AANAPI)